Last updated: 10th November 2021
The privacy of your data is very important to us. We only store what is required, and we don't sell your data, or share it with others.
What we store
Our guiding principle is to only store the data we need to run Macro. In practice, this means we store the email address, name, and job title you provide when you sign up to Macro.
How to delete your data
To remove your personal data from our systems, you can delete your account via the account page. All personal data will be deleted within 30 days.
Your data protection rights
All users of Macro, no matter where they're based, have the following rights:
- Right of access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing. You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You can find out more about these rights here.
How we secure your data
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted.
All data is stored on Heroku, which regularly performs audits and maintains PCI, HIPAA, ISO, and SOC compliance. You can see Heroku's compliance page for more information on how they keep your data secure.
How to contact us
If you're unhappy with how we've used your data, you can also complain to the ICO here.